Project Minima:

Monday, October 3, 2011

It's a Sports Skirt!?

 Levitation Photo Series by Natsumi Hayashi
Took a very comfy skirt made out of sweatshirt material and opened both side seams.  Then looked around for some fabric to use for inserts from waistband to hem which was ankle length.  Eventually I came up with the idea of using old yoga or exercise pants.  I had a pair with stripes down

the outer legs so I cut that section out and sewed it up on either side of the skirt.  Both skirt and pants matched in length so I didn't even have to re-hem it!  I did need to replace the elastic waistband, however, since it had given its last squeeze some time ago.  And it complicated itself by being securely sewn into the waistband rather than merely threaded through it as a channel.  But, hey no problem really.  Just a little more time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment